Monday, August 22, 2005

Boot fair.

My lovely misses & I did a boot fair here in Brighton yesterday. At first I wasn't that fussed about doing it, (especially as we had to BE there at 5 in the morning), as I've always had a bit of a 'thing' about boot fairs, jumble sales or anything else of that nature. I've always found it odd that you put all your old shit out in front of you and then expect people to buy it. "I don't want it, it's rubbish. You have it, go on. You have it and pay me a tenner for it."
Anyhow, after the initial shock of a 4:30 start Beth & I chugged off to the fair in our poor over-laden car and set up stall. The first few hours flew by as all manner of folk bought all manner of stuff from our stall. Cds, vids, dvds, an old hoover, some of Beth's trainers etc, all were bought. I couldn't believe some of the stuff people were buying and equally what they weren't buying. I can see why long-term professional traders get the 'ump when people pick up a perfectly good set of crystal goblets and when you tell them the price, (tenner), they go "Mmmmmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Hermmmmmmmmm..." and then put it down. Do they want it for free or something? Anyhow, there were lots of odd people in lots of odd clothes and we loved it. It dragged a bit in the middle but all in all it was jolly good fun. Made a bit of cash too.

Here's some piccies.



Beth, all proud of her stall display.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Benjamima you can blog, you can blog, but no one ever comments, are they listenin! (to be sung melodically)possibly as a Mantra)

Word of the day. Crapsifruit.

1. a. - Alt. of Crapsifruit. ~ (Crap-see-frute) To be a bit crap and slightly fruity. (See John Inman.)