Thursday, October 19, 2006

I love pork scratchings

I really do. I think they're great. Sure they're not very fashionable in the crisp fraternity and they're kind of frowned upon by anyone with a health-concious streak but at least they're honest. Crisps nowadays are desperately trying to convince you that they're not as unhealthy as you think. They're all 'Now only 2% fat', 'Made with polyunsaturates', 'baked not fried' and 'Look at me I'm a potato, a vegetable. You need me to live'. Whereas old porky is just there. He's not a fake and he tries to convince you of nothing. He's bad for you and he knows you know it. The pack I'm eating now has the weight (42g), the brand (B.N.) and the legend 'Finest Pork Scratchings'. Can you argue with any of that? No. Is any of it false or controversial? No. It also says 'Seasoned Pork Rinds'... which they are.

No comments:

Word of the day. Crapsifruit.

1. a. - Alt. of Crapsifruit. ~ (Crap-see-frute) To be a bit crap and slightly fruity. (See John Inman.)