Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It was Bacon!

Dear God I love Wikipedia. For years now (and I do mean years) I've been desperately trying to remember what the original third flavour of Monster Munch was and now I know! It was bacon. For those of you that don't know, Monster Munch are crisps themed on, well... monsters. They're a bit of a British institution in the snack world and I've yet to meet someone who doesn't like at least one of the flavours. Me, I like the roast beef flavour. Beth, she used to go daft for pickled onion but recently she's switched alliegance to flamin' hot. Women are so fickle.
Like a lot of snacks here in the UK they used to be bigger (and no, it's not just 'cos I'm bigger) and there were three different crisp 'designs' in each bag, now there's just a paw shape.
The range has been added to and changed throughout the years, though pickled onion and beef have remained constant. Apparently there was also a vanilla flavour introduced in 2004 which everyone hated. Now why would that be huh?

No comments:

Word of the day. Crapsifruit.

1. a. - Alt. of Crapsifruit. ~ (Crap-see-frute) To be a bit crap and slightly fruity. (See John Inman.)