Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Long Live the Gene Genie!



Last night the finest show on TV, Life on Mars, drew to it's inevitable and all-too-soon finale and man what a finale it was. Was Sam Tyler mad? In a coma or had he traveled in time? I'm still not sure to be frank but that doesn't matter. All that mattered was the ride and the big man himself, Gene Hunt. Possibly the greatest character on television. As a tribute, here's some of the Gene Genie's best quotes.

Gene: They reckon you've got concussion - but personally, I couldn't give a tart's furry cup if half your brains are falling out. Don't ever waltz into my kingdom playing king of the jungle.
Sam Tyler: Who the hell are you?
Gene:
I'm Gene Hunt. Your DCI. And it's 1973. Nearly dinner time. I'm 'aving hoops

To a group of children playing near his car -
"Anything happens to this motor, I'll come around your houses and stamp on all your toys. Got it? Good kids.

Sam Tyler: This place is like Guantanamo Bay.
Gene Hunt: Get off, it's nothing like Spain.

"This case is going as fast as a bunch of spastics in a magnet factory"

"There will never be a woman Prime Minister as long as I have a hole up my arse."

"She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot."

After Sam admits he was in love -
"You great, soft, sissy, girlie, nancy, French, bender, Mab United supporting poof!"

Word of the day. Crapsifruit.

1. a. - Alt. of Crapsifruit. ~ (Crap-see-frute) To be a bit crap and slightly fruity. (See John Inman.)