Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bye matey



I think I've posted this picture of Pat before but I thought I'd pop it up again today in tribute to him. He was in his 18th year (pretty impressive I think) and had only really lost his 'bounce' in the latter 18 months but a full year after the vet gave him three weeks to live and two cancer operations later we finally decided that something had to be done. The tumors in his mouth were causing him pain and preventing him from eating food (his number one favourite past-time) and he wouldn't have survived a third operation so we took the humane course.
The vet was absolutely wonderful and came to our home to administer the injection. It was an emotional moment for all but mercifully quick. He looked so peaceful as they rolled him in a blanket to take him away for cremation.
So, thanks matey. Thanks for all the unconditional love you gave us, thanks for the all the times you made us laugh like drains by getting your head stuck in the back of the tumble dryer, the infamous 'balloon incident' and for slug-balancing. Thanks for being my little ginger buddy.
Bye Pat. I'll miss you terribly.

No comments:

Word of the day. Crapsifruit.

1. a. - Alt. of Crapsifruit. ~ (Crap-see-frute) To be a bit crap and slightly fruity. (See John Inman.)