Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Helvetica 50

Many Happy Returns Helvetica.
Probably the World's most popular font turns 50 today (which is probably only interesting to the typographers and designers out there but hey, who's blog is this? It's mine isn't it so shuddup). Frank Wildenberg the managing director of Linotype (the German firm that owns the font) says of Helvetica "It's durable. It comes from natural design forms. It doesn't have an expression of fashion. It has very clear lines and characters, it looks like a very serious typeface." Whereas Neville Brody sees the bitch 'Helv' as "bland, unadventurous, unambitious." What do I think of it? I dunno really. I've got a sodding wedding to plan! Why are you pestering me with questions about poxy typefaces? So long as it's not bloody 'Comic sans' I don't give a damn right now.

No comments:

Word of the day. Crapsifruit.

1. a. - Alt. of Crapsifruit. ~ (Crap-see-frute) To be a bit crap and slightly fruity. (See John Inman.)