Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tax avoision

I’d decided over the weekend that today was to be my tax day so naturally I set about finding plenty of things that I absolutely ‘had’ to do other than my tax. I did the laundry and the washing up. I balled all my socks and folded my pants. I listened to a couple of albums I’d downloaded recently (Terry Callier’s new effort ‘Timepeace’ being one) and gave them my full attention. I had tea with a friend of Beth’s and acted as her secretary, made a few calls, looked at a few websites and found out about parking in certain areas of Brighton. I had a poo. I took a whole heap of books off the bookshelf, stacked ‘em neatly on the floor and then put them back in a slightly different order. I spoke to my Ma on the phone. I spoke to Beth on the phone. I eat some crisps and a scotch egg. I deleted all the redundant contacts from my mobile and I sat down to look at the box of receipts that represent my tax.
Naturally I drunk an awful lot of tea throughout. It was actually kind of fun.

No comments:

Word of the day. Crapsifruit.

1. a. - Alt. of Crapsifruit. ~ (Crap-see-frute) To be a bit crap and slightly fruity. (See John Inman.)