Thursday, August 10, 2006

Why I love living in Brighton (Part one)

This morning I popped down to 'Snax in the City', a rather silly named café on Western Road where a lovely friendly lady serves great sausage sarnies. Whilst chatting to her about stealing sachets of mustard from pubs and my desire to have an allotment, a bloke came in and joined in our conversation. Folks down here are so chatty and friendly, I love it. I also learnt something from all this (apart from the fact that the café owner steals condiment sachets)and that's that the scene from Only Fools & Horses where Del-boy fakes the discovery of a source of pure spring water in their allotment was actually filmed, not in Peckham, but down the road just outside of Lewes. This bloke's dad used to watch 'em filming out of the window. Cool huh?

No comments:

Word of the day. Crapsifruit.

1. a. - Alt. of Crapsifruit. ~ (Crap-see-frute) To be a bit crap and slightly fruity. (See John Inman.)