Tuesday, September 19, 2006

TESCO does it again.

Anyone that knows me will know of my dislike of Tesco and this story got me chuckling t'other day. BBC News.
I guess North Wales is 'local' to those living in South Wales in much the same way as Sheffield is local to me here in Brighton. I must remember to point this out to my mate Neil when he next has to drive for hours and hours to see his folks in Sheffield.

This in particular caught my eye.
"The store told the ASA that 10% of consumers surveyed were Welsh and most of them interpreted "local" to refer to their country or region." How silly they are. Don't they know that in the eyes of Tesco local means 'the same country'?

No comments:

Word of the day. Crapsifruit.

1. a. - Alt. of Crapsifruit. ~ (Crap-see-frute) To be a bit crap and slightly fruity. (See John Inman.)